The entire property is exclusively yours for the weekend of your wedding.
The hiring party must specify whether or not breakfast is required On hiring Killarney for your wedding the property is subject to a two night minimum stay and a minimum of 10 people staying overnight for two nights.
Please be advised that we do not allow any form of camping The Bridal party is responsible for the Hire and allocation of the rooms, please advise Management about the arrangements a week before the arrival.Killarney Farm House reserves the right to amend its prices at any time. There will be an annual price increase, which will take effect the January of every year.
Venue HireUp to 60 Guests (R18,000)
(The rates below include exclusive use of the facilities for your wedding)
The Venue Hire includes
- White Washed Rectangular Tables
- Wimbledon \Tiffany Chairs for Ceremony and reception for 60
- Crockery and Cutlery for 60
- Wine and Champagne glasses for 60
- Fairy lights in the Studio
- 6 Ice buckets and stands
- Matt silver or Gold under plates
- Salt and Pepper pinchers
- White napkins
- Venue Set up for your function
- 2 luxury Toilets
- Honeymoon Suite for the night of your event
- Two security guards
The Venue hire does not include
- Reception Menu/Food
- Drinks / Bar
- Waiters / Barman
- Décor and flower set up
- Accommodation for guests
- The use of the above mentioned equipment is included in the venue hire, any additional items should be supplied or hired by the client at the clients cost.
Set up and and Cut off times:
The Bridal party and any services are allowed access the day before the wedding i.e. Friday 8am for set up. Overnight guest may arrive at 2pm. All overnight guests are required to leave the premises by 4pm on the Sunday.Set up times will be documented on the function sheet at the final appointment. If further set up time is required, there will be a charge.
Damages and breakages
We charge a refundable R5000.00 – damage and breakage deposit prior to your wedding day. Any breakages during the wedding/event or any other damage to the venue/accommodation during your stay, will be deducted from the deposit.
- Candles may not be placed directly onto linen. Candleholders should be wide enough to ensure no wax can drop and damage linen, as special cleaning is required to remove wax from linen and will be for your cost
- No permanent alterations are allowed and any damage to the Killarney Farm House property including linen, beyond reasonable wear and tear will be charged for accordingly. Please be aware that red wine stains, rose petal stains and red lipstick stains on the linen are extremely difficult thus permanently damaged linen, furniture etc. will be for your cost.
- No stickers, name tags to be applied to any of the supplied glassware or crockery
- No sparklers or fireworks allowed
- Please note that all rubbish, including empty bottles, cans, food, flowers etc must be cleared off the premises and is your responsibility.
We do a full inventory on the venue, kitchen, and accommodation before and after every function. Unfortunately, if any of the kitchen equipment, furniture or house décor is damaged, or goes missing, we will have to charge you for it.
Killarney Farm House rules and regulations
- No Fire works will be allowed on the property
- Fires will only be allowed in the designated fire places and then with the permission of the Owner and Farm Managers
- Legislation prohibits smoking in public places, rooms and Killarney Farm House is a non-smoking venue. Your guests are more than welcome to smoke outside but must dispose of cigarette butts in the ashtrays/ sand buckets provided.
- You are welcome to bring along your personal chef/caterer as the kitchen in the main house is there for your personal use. Any missing or damaged kitchen equipment is for your account.
- We supply 2 staff to clean up during and after your reception these costs are payable by your chef unless they have there own cleaning staff.
- We are not a licensed establishment but a Cash bar can be arranged
- We do not have a Corkage fee on wine or drink brought onto the property for your event. All empties must be removed off site
Securing your booking
Bookings are secured by payment of a deposit equal to 50% of accommodation costs and venue hire. The full damage deposit must be paid to secure the booking. This can be in the form of a cheque that will be held until two weeks after the event.
The deposit is refundable only if written cancellation is received no later than 90 days prior to the event.
Once we receive your deposit, we will issue a contract confirming the accommodation, date and time of your function. Full payment is due one month prior to the event.
The client undertakes to conduct the event in an orderly manner in full compliance with the applicable laws and regulations and agree to abide by the Killarney Farm House rules. You agree to accept responsibility for and indemnify Geoff Twycross Trust and Killarney Farm House against any personal injury or property damage caused by your guests whilst on the Geoff Twycross or Killarney Farm House properties, whether or not such injury or damages are covered by insurance you assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance and for any damage done to any part of the above mentioned properties.
You acknowledge that Killarney Farm House are not responsible for nor do they guarantee, weather conditions in the event of inclement weather, Killarney Farm House will remain open and expect to host your event. If you choose to cancel your event with less than 90 days written notice to Killarney Farm House, the deposit is not refundable. The liability of Killarney Farm House, Geoff Twycross Trust, its Agents employees or affiliates, on account of any; act, omission or event is strictly limited.